Driving LicencesApply for driving licence since its mandatory for every citizen while driving on road.
Process for getting learner’s licence
- In order to qualify for a test, all documents submitted by the candidates need to be right. Once that formality is completed, he must go in for a colour blindness test. These are the first steps in order to be eligible for applying for a learner’s licence.
- The duration for the learner’s test is for 20 minutes and within this time, the candidate has 20 multiple choice questions to answer.
- The learner’s licence is issued only to those candidates who get a minimum of 12 marks in this test as this the minimum requirement for clearing the exam.
- All Traffic rules and regulations, knowledge about road signs etc. are contained in the handbook that is provided to people along with the application form.
The candidates get to know if they are qualified or not for getting the learner’s licence, within 2 or 3 hours of finishing the test of once their answer sheets are corrected. Those who fail to clear the test are given a second chance after a gap of one week, to repeat the test.
Any one of the following is considered as a valid age proof provided they are attested:
- Copy of school certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of birth certificate
- Government (either State or Central) or local body authorized certificate
- Copy of Valid Voter’s ID
- Copy of PAN card
- Any other MLO acceptable proof
- Form No.2 : Learner’s licence application form with a photograph of passport size
- Form No.1 A Medical certificate, if the licence is obtained for business purposes or if the age of the applicant is 40 years and above.
- Form No.3 All related forms with photographs need to be submitted
- Form No.1 Self- attested medical certificate with all the original documents
Process for getting permanent licence
- The candidate must possess a learner’s licence to be eligible for applying for a permanent licence.
- The permanent application must be applied anytime between 30 days – 180 days within getting the learner’slicence, as per the state government’s rule.
- Must have extensive knowledge on all rules related to vehicle and traffic management so that he has full control while driving.
- Original learner’s licence certificate
- All requirements as per Form No.4
- A sum of Rs.75 for laminating and other charges
- Age and residence proofs
- A recent photograph
- Form 5 particulars in case of business users
- Category of vehicles for which licence is sought
- All original documents needed for verification in case of endorsement cases.